The benefits of being a member:
- On-going help and advice from experienced beekeepers.
- Courses for new and novice beekeepers, with hands on opportunities to examine bees at an apiary.
- A winter programme of meetings with talks by speakers on a wide ranging number of beekeeping subjects.
- Insurance to provide recompense for any colonies having to be destroyed due to notifiable bee diseases.
- Public liability insurance up to a limit of £5 million in any one year and any one incident against accidents arising from their beekeeping activities. There is an excess of £500 for any claims that relate to property.
- Opportunities to sell products of the hive at the various shows where the branch exhibits throughout the year.
- Hire and use of branch equipment.
- If you have any queries or questions you wish to ask then please click on the membership enquiry link below.
Membership enquiry link
Tiverton Branch subscription 2019
|£17.00||For those who live at the same address |
as a Registered member
|£17.00||For individuals under the age of 18. |
Includes all the benefits of
|£4.50|| For those individuals who do not |
keep bees in their own right in the
County of Devon, who are generally
interested in the craft of beekeeping,
and wish to participate in DBKA
activities primarily at Branch level.
|£14.00||For those who are generally |
interested in the craft and wish to
support the association (DBKA)
Note : The Registered membership includes Bee Disease Insurance for up to 3 hives. Extra premiums are required for more than 3 hives (see New Member form for further details).